ISO 45001 is the first fully-internationally recognised standard for health and safety management systems.
All organisations currently certified to OHSAS 18001 can transition their certification to ISO 45001 provided they do so by September 2021.
Frequently asked questions
- Full international recognition of your health and safety management system.
- Greater alignment of your overall business strategy with your health and safety policy and objectives.
- Enhanced participation from employees and contractors with improving health and safety performance.
- Reduced cost and effort to achieve and maintain certification to other standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001).
- To minimise the cost of the transition you should be ready for your transition audit by March 2020.
- ISO 45001 contains some significantly different requirements to OHSAS 18001. For some organisations, meeting the new requirements will involve making major changes both to their documentation and how they implement and maintain their system.
- Correctly interpreting the new requirements of the standards to anticipate exactly what the auditors will be looking for can be challenging. Generating the new content, such as the context of the organisation and the identification of organisational knowledge, will require an investment of time and resources.
- We have extensive experience from working with over 1,600 clients since 2000 and have already worked with over 50 organisations to make the transition to ISO 45001.
- We have developed simple methods for complying with the new requirements that are easy to implement, add value and are proven to pass certification body audits.
- Our consultants are based throughout the country giving you the convenience of local support combined with the backing of a national network.
- All Equas consultants are IRCA Lead Auditor/CQI trained in the new ISO 45001 standard.
- Equas services are provided at a fixed-cost and carry a GUARANTEE of certification.
We can provide a wide range of flexible support options including low-cost readiness reviews to full system overhauls. These options start from £695 with price dependent on the amount of help you require and the status of your current system.