In 2011 the European Construction Products Directive (ECPD) came into force placing requirements on all designers, manufacturers and distributors of construction products that are sold in the EU to ensure they meet minimum performance standards and confirm this by affixing a CE Mark to them.
BS EN 1090-1 is the standard that specifies the requirements for structural steel and aluminium components used in construction products and how they should be CE Marked.
Interested in other ISO standards?
- ISO 9001 – Quality management standard that demonstrates an organisational commitment to product and service quality.
- ISO 14001 – Environmental management standard designed to reduce waste and lower an organisation’s environmental impact.
- ISO 17025 – Testing management standard the demonstrates testing integrity and independence.
- ISO 22301 – Business continuity management standard that reduces the impact of disruption on organisational activities.
- ISO 27001 – Information security management systems standard designed to reduce IT and IS risks and lower data threats.
- ISO 45001 – Enhance occupational health and safety management systems, reducing the risk of injury and harm in the workplace.
- ISO 50001 – Improve energy efficiency across operations, premises, transport and industrial processes.
How can ISO in a Box™ help you?
We can help you achieve BS EN 1090-1 certification whatever your industry sector. If you need to meet the requirements of other standards alongside, we specialise in building integrated systems.
Contact us now to find out how to achieve BS 1090-1, discuss your requirements or to obtain a fixed-price quotation with guaranteed certification.